Monday 29 June 2015

What I really want :)

I remember it was a Tuesday morning, 8.17 a.m.
I grabbed my phone on the table near me and my eyes were half opened.
What I expected turned out to be unexpected.
Scrolling through my emails, I saw an email from University of California, Santa Barbara(UCSB)
I received a conditional offer from UCSB!
I refrained myself from screaming because my roommate was still sleeping so peacefully.
Feeling shocked and surprised, I screamed in my heart because my hard work was finally paid off.
From that day onward, I decided to pursue my degree of Actuarial Science in the U.S.
On the other hand, I have got conditional offers from University College London (UCL), and University of Manchester as well.
LSE rejected me and I was quite down because it seemed to be hopeless for me to go to the U.K.
U.K has always been the place I wanted to go because I really want to experience the culture and the lifestyles there and to travel around EU countries.
Friends around me kept on telling I can enjoy the "university life" there because it's California and my school was a famous party school, UCSB a.k.a University of Casual Sex and Beer.
I was terrified at that moment and one friend pat my shoulders and told me that all the universities are the same.
However, my heart seemed to oppose my decision. 
I wasn't really happy of heading to the U.S.
To be honest, I always tried to google something good about UCL to convince myself that UCL is actually better than UCSB so that I can really have excuse to go to the U.K instead of the U.S but I failed to do so.
In terms of credits and qualifications, UCSB is better.
Until last week, I decided to go to the U.K because that has been my dream from the very beginning.
Deep from my heart, I could always hear a voice calling me not to go to the U.S.
I am going to the University of Manchester, which is a better school compared to UCSB in terms of credits and exemptions, duration of study and costs.
After all, I realised that there are a lot of challenges, distractions and dilemmas in the journey of chasing dreams.
Sometimes we should really find a quiet place and think. Ask yourself what do you really want and be brave enough to go and pursue it.

No comments:

Post a Comment